Suspicious Crimes – a 48 hour film project

Suspicious Crimes - a 48 Hour Film Project

The Traveling Twosome, along with a team of local film enthusiasts, entered the Memphis round of the national 48 Hour Film Project in 2013 with an entry entitled, Suspicious Crimes.  This short film stars Char and Louis Magnifico from The Traveling Twosome and premiered at the Malco Cinema in Overton Square (Memphis) on July 30, 2013.

The 48 Hour Film Project gives film teams a challenge:  participate in a random drawing to be given a movie genre, a character, a prop, and a line of dialogue… and 48 hours later, using these elements, turn in a completely produced film ready for theatrical presentation.  Teams have only 48 hours to write, storyboard, cast, rehearse, film, edit, and render their feature.

When we participated, we were issued Crime / Gangster for a genre.  Our character was to be a bartender named Christopher Cherry, our prop was a bell, and our line of dialogue was, “give me some kind of sign.”

The resulting film was Suspicious Crimes… it is presented here for your enjoyment!

6 thoughts on “Suspicious Crimes – a 48 hour film project

• August 5, 2013 at 12:55 am

Very nice! You can really act, Char. I loved the ending scene. Can you tie me up like that? 🙂

• August 5, 2013 at 8:28 am

Char, you looked and sounded great in this movie! Intense! Great job! Are you going to be doing more film work like this?

• August 5, 2013 at 9:20 am

With that picture, I had to watch the video this morning. Loved it! I wish there had been a costume scene with you but it was still great! You make the perfect tough girl, Char!

• August 5, 2013 at 10:14 am

Can I play your love interest in the next movie, Char?

• August 5, 2013 at 11:33 am

That was really good! I liked the suspense once Louis and the burglars broke in. Char you were beautiful singing in the bar. I wish I could see you perform live somewhere! You probably already know my favorite part. SPOILER ALERT! Char you are the hottest movie killer ever! 🙂

• August 6, 2013 at 7:53 pm