Our Fake Commercials from Super Bowl Sunday

On February 6, 2011 (Super Bowl Sunday), we aired what was perhaps our most outrageous video ever:  The Traveling Twosome Paper Football Championship Bowl Game.  This was the Super Bowl of Paper Football for us and we went all-out on the production!  The video included much more than just our competition… there were fake Super Bowl style commercials, movie trailers, press conferences, etc.

While the entire hour long video is highly entertaining and worthy of your viewing, many of you have expressed great interest especially in the fake commercials and movie trailers.  Therefore, for your viewing pleasure, here are all the fake commercials and movie trailers from that video on their own right here in this post… Enjoy!

1.  Fake Movie Trailer:  Hot Tub to Hell

What unknown terror awaits you in the shallow depths of… The Hot Tub to Hell?  Made to look like a 1970s horror movie trailer, this was fun to make!  It had been snowing prior to our filming so it was also a bit uncomfortable.  But the result was well worth braving the cold.  Not to mention, after we were done, Char and I took some time for some hot tub relaxation!  Now that’s the way to end a long day of filming!  The Hot Tub to Hell trailer is our attempt at a 1970s style horror movie advertisement!

2.  Fake Commercial:  Smooth Beer

This origin of this fake commercial goes back to 1992 when a good friend of mine told me about a dream he had.  The vivid description of this dream has never left my memory.  I’ve always wanted to recreate his dream as a fake commercial.  Char was perfect for the role.  Then again, she’s perfect at everything.  To the best of my memory, this is a dead-on representation of my friend’s dream.  Now – don’t you wish you had been the one to have had this dream?

3.  Fake Commercial:  Wrestling Aerobics with Char

When Char and I stepped in the ring for “A Day in the Life of a Professional Wrestler” we had no idea that it would become an internet sensation!  Well, maybe we had a little suspicion.  But in no way would anyone have guessed it would have led to this!  Char invents a new kind of exercise program:  Wrestling Aerobics with Char!   Tone that muscle while learning head banging arm curls, headlock squats, leg lock pilates, and knockout punches!  Then, step it up a notch with chains and pipes as you get in shape while delivering a beating!  This is the hottest new exercise program available!  Oh my.

4.  Fake Commercial:  Throwing Violent Tantrums

It was one year ago when Char and I produced our first fake commercial, Throwing Tantrums.  This is the follow up to the product we were “advertising” then!  In this followup, Throwing Violent Tantrums, wives can learn additional methods of getting their way and controlling everything by learning to throw more effective tantrums!  The sad thing is, this video reflects a lot of actual marriages out there in the world.  Sad, indeed.

Well, there you have it, fans.  Our four fake commercials from The Traveling Twosome Paper Football Championship Bowl Game.  We hope you enjoyed watching them as much as we enjoyed making them!  As always, we love to hear you feedback.  Leave comments below and let us know what you think.  And rest assured, we’re already planning on making more!

37 thoughts on “Our Fake Commercials from Super Bowl Sunday

• February 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Thank you SOOOOO much for putting up this post of just the commercials. I’ve told so many people about them! Especially Wrestling Aerobics with Char, that’s the best internet video EVER! When will you make more like this?

• February 9, 2011 at 10:58 pm

The advertisers who made this year’s super bowl commercials could have learned from you. This is funny stuff. Wrestling Aerobics with Char was the best of the four but I love all of them. Great work!!! And if you ever really make Wrestling Aerobics with Char, I’ll be your first customer!!!!!

• February 10, 2011 at 12:06 am

Eric – thanks for telling everyone about our site! We will be making more videos for both the free side of the site as well as for our download video store on an ongoing basis. Look for more to be posted very soon!

Alex – I think everyone likes Wrestling Aerobics with Char best. We had tons of comments on that commercial as part of the whole Paper Football Championship Bowl Game post.

• February 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Had I known that’s all I had to do to get my way with everything, I’d have been throwing tantrums a long time ago! I’ll try it out and let you know how it works! LOL And wrestling aerobics, well that just looks fun. 😉

Very entertaining commercials!

• February 10, 2011 at 9:23 pm

LOL Thanks Jill! If you try it you MUST let me know how it worked for ya! You will probably get looked at quizzically and be asked if you’d fallen and hit your head!! ROFLOL

• February 12, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Smooth Beer commercial is just odd enough to make me really wish there was a Smooth Beer! LOL

Hot Tub movie trailer was actually kind of scary! Good scream, Char.

WRESTLING AEROBICS WITH CHAR IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! DO MORE LIKE THAT!!!!

• February 13, 2011 at 3:35 am

I’ve been in a relationship like the Throwing Violent Tantrums one. No thanks. I’d much rather find a relationship more like Wrestling Aerobics with Char. 🙂 Now that ROCKED!

Also, I loved your line “shallow depths of the hot tub” LOL

• February 13, 2011 at 8:33 am

Chris – yes, relationships like the one in “Wrestling Aerobics with Char” are indeed much more preferred! It’s funny, but your comment reminds me of a line from our TV show episode, “ A Day in the Life of a Professional Wrestler,” where Char and I have just been trained by Alan Steel in the art of wrestling and we’re about to step in the ring for our match against each other. Char then looks at the camera and says in the most feminine and loving voice ever, “Louis, I love you, sweetheart. I really do. More than anything. But I’m going to destroy you in this match. You’re not going to know what happened. Just because I love you doesn’t mean I’m going to go easy on you. You’re going down.” Then she proceeded to make good on her promise.

Oh, and the hot tub line – glad you caught that! I thought it was funny, too!

• February 13, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Wrestling Aerobics with Char is probably the most funny thing I’ve seen on the internet, ever!!!!! GIRL POWER, CHAR!!!! LOL

• February 14, 2011 at 12:19 am

Alicia……………. GIRL POWER!!!!! *grin* Thanks!!! Be sure to share our website with your friends and family! We LOVE hearing from everyone!! Stay tuned for even more fun adventures in the coming weeks!

• February 15, 2011 at 9:53 am

All of these are hilarious but I agree with everyone else on here, the Wrestling Aerobics with Char is the best. And I think you’ve just discovered the first exercise program that our husbands will be glad to do with us! 😉

• February 15, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Michelle,

Your comment made me giggle! I do believe husbands everywhere would enjoy exercising with their chicks if their chicks made it fun, exciting, adventurous and truly challenging! LOL We can be feminine and sweet while still showing some Girl Power! The best of all worlds should be saved for our sweet loving husbands! *wink*

• February 17, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Please do more fake commercials! I LOVED Wrestling Aerobics with Char!!!!!!

• February 20, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Wrestling Aerobics with Char RULES!!!!!!

• February 20, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Geoff, when Char and I were producing these commercials we sort of expected they would be hits on the internet… but we had no idea it would generate this much talk! We’re glad you enjoyed them – we’ll certainly be making more!

• February 20, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Geoff! THANKS!!! That fake commercial was a BLAST to create!!!

• February 20, 2011 at 10:51 pm

After this evening’s news, I REALLY needed to watch this and the Wrestling Aerobics. When I’m down, leave it to my sis to make me laugh! 😀

• February 21, 2011 at 3:58 am

These are hysterical! I’ve always had ideas that I thought would make funny fake commercials but I’ve never known what to do with the ideas. You looked like you had a lot of fun making these! Especially Louis during Wrestling Aerobics with Char! 😉

• February 22, 2011 at 2:44 pm

These are all really good but my favs are Hot Tub to Hell and Wrestling Aerobics with Char. When Louis went under the water in Hot Tub to Hell, it really looked like something pulled him under. And for Wrestling Aerobics with Char, please just tell me where to sign up for your class. 🙂

• February 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Keith,

Louis going under really was amazing. That was one wicked cold night to be out shooting in bathing suits! He didn’t mind going under as I froze my catookas off! LOL

Wrestling aerobics with Char is a private class held only for Louis! *wink* But glad you enjoyed it! LOL

• February 23, 2011 at 8:55 am

These were GREAT! Please do more fake commercials, you guys are awesome.

• February 23, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Marcus,

We are already planning and creating more fake commercials! Glad you enjoyed them! Be sure to share our links with many others! And we LOVE the feedback from everyone so keep the comments coming too!

• February 24, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Wrestling Aerobics with Char made me laugh all night! I loved that commercial. Please keep these commercials coming!

• February 25, 2011 at 9:36 am

Rich,

We certainly plan on it! We have such a blast! Wrestling Aerobics with Char makes us laugh too….and the bloopers were outrageous! LOL Glad you enjoy it as much as we do!

• February 25, 2011 at 10:17 am

Bloopers??? Where? I don’t see that video, where can I find it on your site? I’ve got to see that!

• February 25, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Rich, Char and I are working on a bloopers video of a lot of what we’ve done. Just to show that even The Traveling Twosome can mistakes once in a while! 🙂 Wrestling Aerobics with Char will be included in that series of bloopers. Stay tuned!

• February 26, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Hey Traveling Twosome, Wrestling Aerobics with Char is my favorite internet video of all time. I was laughing and thought it was very funny, then Char pulled out the pipe and started beating Louis with it and I nearly peed my pants. Did NOT expect that. You two make some great stuff and that one is by far my favorite! Keep ’em coming!

• February 26, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Wayne – we have been blown away by the amount of positive feedback our fake commercials (and in particular “Wrestling Aerobics with Char”) have been getting. Thanks for being a fan and enjoying our work. But we must try harder… our goal was to actually MAKE you pee your pants. “Nearly peeing” isn’t good enough for us. Therefore, we’ll be sure to do a follow up…. in fact, Char and I are already in the process of filming our next round of fake commercials. Stay tuned. You’re about to pee your pants.

• February 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Your fake commercials are all brilliant. You guys are pure genius. The Smooth Beer commercial is hypnotic! My favorite though is Wrestling Aerobics with Char but I don’t know if it’s because it’s so funny or because I am wishing I was Louis. Good work on these commercials, guys! They rock!

• March 1, 2011 at 3:58 am

You two really know how to have a fun, creative time together! I love that about your site.

• March 2, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Your commercial videos are among the most creative videos I’ve seen in a long time. The Throwing Violent Tantrums idea is very funny but the scary thing is that it just might work! LOL If you two made commercials that came on during my favorite TV shows, I might actually watch the commercials rather than hitting mute!

• March 2, 2011 at 8:12 pm

John, Thanks so much! We certainly LOVE creating them all!! We have several in the making right now and they should be up by the weekend if all goes well! Stay tuned!! You DON’T want to miss them!! Trust me……… *smile*

• March 2, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Thanks, Sandy!!! Having fun is essential for us! It’s who we are!! Stay tuned for much, much more coming soon!

• March 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Jane,

Oh how I wish to create for Prime Time television! What fun we would have!!! Why don’t you suggest this to your favorite TV station!? *smile* Send them our link and let them know your thoughts!

Stay tuned! We have much, much more coming up on the site! More fake commercials should be up by the weekend if all goes well! *smile* Don’t forget to share our site with others!

• March 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm

When are the new fake commercials coming? I’ve watched these over and over and I’m ready for the new ones now! I don’t think anything will ever be better than Wrestling Aerobics with Char but I want to see what you come up with.

• March 5, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Jordan,

We are so glad you enjoy our fake commercials! We are hoping to get them up by late tomorrow night! =) Stay tuned! I think you will enjoy the new ones very much! *grin*

• April 6, 2011 at 3:30 pm

These commercials are awesome! Found your site from your YouTube channel now I’m going through your website. I love your arm wrestling videos and your Wrestling Aerobics with Char commercial.